Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Program Administrative Assistant coordinates the daily clerical tasks necessary to the smooth internal operation of the center and other departments as required.
The person in this position must be a self-starter, reliable, have ability to prioritize duties according to need, have the ability to exercise diplomacy in stressful situations, must have pleasing personality with ability to interact effectively on the telephone and in person, have ability to empathize with people with developmental disabilities and maintain a professional, respectable appearance. This person must be able to work independently.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist program management in maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records.
2. Answer telephone, greet visitors, answer inquiries from the public, and other receptionist duties.
3. Prepare class schedules, memoranda and other required correspondence; maintain files, record information; record, take and transcribe minutes of meetings as required.
4. Receive and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff.
5. Monitor daily attendance in the program; prepare monthly attendance records.
6. Accurately perform data entry tasks.
7. Complete filing, shredding, and other clerical duties.
8. Order agency supplies.
9. Run errands to local stores, post office, and deliver documents as necessary.
10. Make deposits at banks.
11. Maintain and run scheduled updates on office equipment, including fax machines, copy machine,s and computers.
12. Schedule and meet vendors at facilities.
13. Maintain expense request records and send to the administration office.
14. Coordinate and maintain vehicle binders and schedules.
15. Strictly adhere to agency workplace safety plans, including the Infection Control Plan and Illness & Injury Prevention Plan.
16. Maintain confidentiality.
17. Report to work on time and ready to work.
18. Regularly attend work.
19. Maintain a professional appearance.
20. Must speak, read, write, and comprehend English at a 12th-grade level.
21. Other duties as assigned.
22. Function effectively as a collaborative member of the department team and the organization as a whole.
23. Adhere to The Arc of Placer County’s Code of Ethics adopted March 2004.
24. Effectively receive supervision.
COVID-19 Essential Functions:
- Adhere to all agency Covid safety protocols as outlined in The Arc of Placer County Infection Control Plan. This may include but not be limited to social distancing, mask-wearing, increased hygiene and cleaning, screening and self-monitoring, and reporting of Covid symptoms.
- Daily replenish supplies as needed, including hand sanitizer, bathroom hand soap, paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies. Report low inventory to management.
Lines of Supervision:
Supervision received from Assistant Director/Program Director and Program Supervisor (program managers). Does not give supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
High school graduate; some college preferred, but will consider relevant experience in lieu of college.
Valid CA Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid certification (training provided).
Knowledge of basic business practices (preferably in human services); good oral and written communication skills with close attention to detail; strong computer skills (PC: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Internet, etc.); public relations a must.
Ability to operate office equipment, including photocopy machines; follow verbal and written instructions; be creative; get along with fellow workers; make necessary calculations relating to minor bookkeeping and budget reporting; be computer literate.
Upon a contingent job offer, the applicant must be able to obtain necessary clearances required by law including a licensing background clearance, medical clearance, proof of clear TB, and proof of completion of COVID-19 primary series vaccination and booster. Valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid Certification (training provided).
Classification: Regular Full-time, Non-exempt. This is an in-person position. Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Compensation range: $19.00-21.99/hour with benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403b retirement)
Apply: To apply, send a COVER LETTER & RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Admin Asst—AAC”. No phone calls, please.