We are seeking a Program Supervisor for our Adult Achievement Center, serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Auburn area. Under general supervision of the assistant director, assists in oversight of the daily operation of the program at the program facility. Supervise/assist staff and clients in achieving goals established for the individuals we serve.
The person in this position must possess a great amount of empathy; must exercise careful judgment while dealing with personnel matters as well as client issues. Must provide a learning environment on specific subjects on a small group basis. Must be tactful, warm, friendly, supportive, adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic, emotionally mature, patient, and understanding.
Knowledge of intellectual and developmental disabilities and experience with handling behaviors. Must be able to promote an asset-based model of behavior shaping. Knowledge of creative arts, motor development, self-care education, communication, social development, basic psychology, functional living skills, and the characteristics of disabilities. Must be able to pass a background check, medical clearance, proof of clear TB, and proof of current Covid-19 vaccine. Valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid Certification (training provided).
Three years of experience in a human services delivery system, including at least one year in a comparable program or a bachelor’s degree in a human services-related field; and the demonstrated ability to provide staff training, supervision, and planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruct a class and implement activities in accordance with program requirements.
- Assist (or in the absence of) the assistant director:
Supervise and direct the general responsibilities of the Center and staff and notify and report to any necessary departments and/or individuals regarding problems with or about clients including:
- Designate adequate staff coverage for classes that have absent instructors.
- Supervise all medication disbursements on a daily basis.
- Act as a liaison between Center and parents/care providers, Regional Center personnel, Community Care Licensing, and various community agencies.
- Supervise staff and provide ongoing guidance in the establishment and implementation of the daily curriculum.
- Supervise and train staff in all data collection pertinent to client behaviors and daily programming.
- Target areas of training, which would serve to aid staff in the performance of their job, related duties.
- Target client behaviors, which may require the implementation of formal behavior intervention plans.
- Prepare reports.
- Assist the assistant director in the selection of program staff.
- Attend all meetings as assigned by the assistant director.
- Follow and enforce guidelines as directed by the assistant director.
- Consult with the assistant director prior to communication with staff or parent/care providers regarding changes in programs or policies and/or dealing with personnel issues pertaining to program operations.
- Coordinate with the assistant director all responsibilities, information, and instruction needed in the planned absence of the assistant director as pertaining to staff meetings and/or in-service sessions.
- Assist the assistant director with the organization of fundraising and public relations activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the assistant director and director of program services.
- Function as a member of the management team.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English at a 12th-grade level.
- Must be able to assist clients physically on outings as well as in the center to enable their participation in the community and program activities including pushing wheelchairs and assisting with personal hygiene which may include lifting, carrying, bending, and supporting the weight of the clients when needed.
- Adhere to The Arc of Placer County’s Code of Ethics adopted in March 2004.
Regular Full-time, Exempt
$26/hr with benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with the subject line “AAC Program Supervisor”. No phone calls, please.