We are seeking a Program Coordinator for our On the Go and On the Go Youth programs, which serve adults and teen clients in the Roseville area by providing opportunities for social recreation through community-based activities and events.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Program Services, coordinates the daily operations of the program. Implements activities that provide the maximum growth of the individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Promotes support and community awareness for the program.
Essential Job Functions
- 1. Plan, create, and disseminate the calendar of age-appropriate activities.
- Coordinate client activity attendance.
- Accurately budget cost of activities.
- Handle intake process of new clients.
- Coordinate staff schedules and submit time cards timely to the Director of Program Services for approval.
- Prepare memoranda and other required correspondence.
- Safely transport clients in company vehicle, personal vehicle and on public transportation.
- Reconcile money and receipts in accordance with The Arc of Placer County policy.
- Coordinate staff and volunteers for adequate coverage of program activities.
- Monitor attendance and prepare attendance records.
- Effectively interact with clients, caregivers, parents, and service coordinators.
- Ensure completion of client progress notes after each event.
- Develop formal program correspondence and communications as authorized by the Director of Program Services. Obtain the Director’s approval before dissemination of any formal communication.
- Maintain an updated policy and procedure manual.
- Maintain office equipment including but not limited to cell phone and laptop.
- Employ appropriate time-management strategies to ensure completion of essential tasks while also allowing for time to respond to unforeseen issues.
- Work within program structure in a solution-focused manner. Communicate difficult questions or problems to the Director of Program Services for consideration before action is taken.
- Promote the agency/program in the community by speaking at and attending public meetings.
- Solicit donations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Report to work on time and be ready to work.
- Regularly attend work.
- Must read, speak, write and comprehend English at a 12th-grade level.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Function as a collaborative member of the department team and the organization as a whole.
- Adhere to The Arc of Placer County Code of Ethics adopted March 2004.
- Effectively receive supervision.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to physically assist fellow staff on outings and in the center including pushing wheelchairs, assisting people with walkers, pushing, bending and lifting as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
High school diploma required; some college preferred. A minimum of two (2) years in the field of developmental disabilities. Valid CA Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid certification (training provided).
Must be able to pass a background check, medical clearance and provide proof of clear TB.
$16.00/hr. Hours vary up to 15 per week.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “On the Go – Program Coordinator”. No phone calls, please.