We are seeking a Program Aide for our Studio 700 Center for the Arts, which serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Roseville area, ages 18 and above.
Under general supervision of Assistant Director, assist clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their development of artistic skills on an individual or small group basis and do related work as required.
The person in this position must possess artistic talents and a great deal of empathy; must exercise careful judgment while giving individualized attention to clients. This person must provide a learning environment on specific creative classes on a small group basis. Must be tactful, warm, friendly, supportive, adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic, emotionally mature, patient, and understanding.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Assistant Director with information to aid in the assessment of clients’ strengths and also areas where improvement is possible. Be responsible for documentation of client progress and assessing client skills by keeping samples of their work.
- Attend weekly meeting and training sessions as required.
- Provide art class activities independent of other classes. Instruction should be geared towards individual clients’ artistic abilities.
- Help establish client goals on an individual or small group basis including lesson planning and record keeping.
- Participate in two art shows each year.
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Take clients to public places for learning and entertaining experiences.
- Assist clients in their ability to increase their communication and social development skills.
- Assist clients in preparing lunch and basic classroom cleaning.
- Maintain equipment used by clients in classrooms.
- Transport clients in company or personal vehicle (when applicable).
- Monitor materials in stock; plan and request needed supplies one month ahead.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must read, speak, write and comprehend English at a 12th-grade level.
- Performing other duties as required by the Assistant Director or designated representatives.
- Function as a collaborative member of the department team and the organization as a whole.
- Adhere to The Arc of Placer County code of ethics adopted March 2004.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Must be a high school graduate. Art experience preferred. Experience working with adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred. Knowledge of creative arts, motor development, self-care education, communication, social development, hand tools, basic psychology, functional-living skills, and the characteristics of disabilities. Valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid certification (training provided).
Regular part-time, 25 hrs/week. Monday-Thursday 9:30 am to 2:30 pm with adjusted hours on Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm for staff meetings, Non-exempt.
$12.00/hr with partial benefits (dental, vision, life insurance, retirement)
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Program Aide – Studio 700”. No phone calls, please.