Under the general supervision of the Assistant/Program Director, coordinate the daily clerical tasks necessary to the smooth internal operation of the center.
The person in this position must be a self-starter, reliable, have the ability to prioritize duties according to need, have the ability to exercise diplomacy in stressful situations, must have a pleasing personality with the ability to interact effectively on the telephone and in person, have the ability to empathize with people with developmental disabilities and maintain a professional, respectable appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Assistant/Program Director in maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Answer telephone, greet visitors, answer inquiries from the public, and other receptionist duties.
- Prepare class schedules, memoranda, and other required correspondence; maintain files, record information; record, take and transcribe minutes of meetings as required.
- Receive and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff.
- Monitor daily attendance in the program; prepare attendance records for day training for submission to the administration office.
- Maintain and run scheduled updates on office equipment, including fax machines, copy machines, and computers.
- Maintain expense request records and send to administration office.
- Coordinate and maintain vehicle binders and schedules.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Report to work on time and be ready to work.
- Regularly attend work.
- Must speak, read, write and comprehend English at a 12th-grade level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Function effectively as a collaborative member of the department team and the organization as a whole.
- Adhere to The Arc of Placer County’s Code of Ethics adopted March 2004.
- Effectively receive supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High school graduate; some college preferred, but will consider relevant experience in lieu of college. Valid CA Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid certification (training provided).
Knowledge of basic business practices (preferably in human services); good oral and written communication skills with close attention to detail; strong computer skills (PC: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Internet, etc.); public relations a must.
Ability to operate office equipment, including photocopy machines; follow verbal and written instructions; be creative; get along with fellow workers; make necessary calculations relating to minor bookkeeping and budget reporting; be computer literate.
Must be able to pass a background check, medical clearance, proof of clear TB, and proof of current Covid-19 vaccine. Valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid Certification (training provided).
Regular Full-time, Non-exempt. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
$18/hr with benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Admin Asst RAC.” No phone calls, please.