We are seeking a qualified individual with a positive attitude to fill the position of a full charge Bookkeeper at our administrative offices in downtown Roseville.
Within the policies of The Arc of Placer County and under the general direction of the Director of Operations and/or Executive Director, performs duties associated with agency finance and human resources while also tending to administrative matters to assist with the effective operation of the administrative office. Works collaboratively with other financial professionals used by the agency. Responsible for payroll and duties associated with the accurate completion of payroll. Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently. Must be a motivated self-starter and able to collaborate effectively with other staff in all positions.
Fiscal Duties – Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, completes various daily fiscal tasks including but not limited to:
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, and general ledger accounts.
- Receive billing, generate payment requests, code and post expenses in QuickBooks and other fiscal programs.
- Reconcile expense requests and receipts to ensure timely recovery of supporting documentation.
- Print and assemble checks for signature.
- Place phone calls to vendors regarding billing issues.
- Post monthly art commissions and issue quarterly art commission checks.
- Complete necessary month-end close tasks; communicate with programs to ensure the completion of necessary month-end items.
- Maintain and reconcile bank cards and track expenditures.
- Post deposits to QuickBooks and prepare bank deposit slips and documentation.
Payroll Duties – Performs the following duties related to the completion of payroll and related functions under the supervision of the Director of Operations:
- Prepare yearly payroll schedule including timecard due date and subsequent pay dates, and prepare payroll holiday schedule.
- Review time cards and time-off requests for accuracy, proper authorization, and adherence to The Arc of Placer County policy.
- Accurately record vacation and sick time deductions, and enter accrual information into appropriate tracking systems.
- Accurately and timely transmit payroll electronically.
- Receive and review delivered payroll to ensure proper payment; distribute payroll to proper departments and staff.
- Prepare and send payroll documents in need of additional information back to programs, and follow up to ensure documents are returned in a timely manner.
- Prepare associated reports tied to payroll including but not limited to the company’s tax-sheltered annuity, pension, credit union, journal entry, and garnishments.
- Prepare necessary reports and transmittals after each payroll for workers’ compensation insurance administration.
- Accurately and timely prepare bills associated with payroll deductions including bills for major medical plans and ancillary plans.
- Research and answer inquiries regarding employee paychecks.
- Assemble and maintain the payroll report binders.
- Review W-2s for accuracy and prepare them for distribution and mailing.
- Perform other payroll-related tracking and reporting duties as required.
Human Resource Duties – Performs the following H.R. duties under the supervision of the Director of Operations:
- Assist with the open enrollment process as instructed by the Director of Operations.
- Track employee enrollment in benefits including but not limited to retirement contributions, major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and prepares necessary billing.
- Track and maintain accurate records of employees enrolled in COBRA.
- Prepare and process new hire and employee change of position paperwork, update appropriate databases and complete other related tasks as required.
- Conduct benefit meetings with new hires and newly benefited employees.
- Prepare reports for EDD and other agencies as necessary.
- Provide roster updates to Director of Operations, maintain a termination spreadsheet.
- Perform other H.R. tasks as directed.
- Perform other office duties such as filing, preparing copies, answering phones, and greeting visitors as needed.
- Maintain orderly files of agency fiscal, human resource and payroll documents.
- Work cooperatively with The Arc of Placer County administrative staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Report to work on time and be ready to work.
- Regularly attend work.
- Must read, speak, write and comprehend English at a 12th-grade level.
- Perform other duties as required by the Operations Director and/or Executive Director.
- Function effectively as a collaborative member of the department team and the organization as a whole.
- Adhere to The Arc of Placer County Code of Ethics adopted March 2004.
- Effectively receive supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field. Bachelor’s preferred. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and payroll processing.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks, payroll software (Paychex preferred).
- Able to articulate thoughts and ideas effectively utilizing good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating strong prioritization, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others using strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and auto insurance. CPR and First Aid Certification (training provided).
Must be able to pass a background check, medical clearance and provide proof of clear TB.
Classification: Regular full-time, hourly, non-exempt. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
$23/hr with benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Bookkeeper”. No phone calls, please.